Today’s weather forecast is predicting mostly cloudy skies with a high of 32 degrees and a low of 19 degrees.

Former MSU Interim President Teresa Woodruff assumes special advisor role, will return to faculty in 2025

Former MSU Interim President Teresa Woodruff will return to a faculty position at the university in May 2025. In the meantime, though her official title is MSU Foundation Professor, her working title is special advisor to the president and provost.

Woodruff officially assumed the position on March 4 and will continue it through July 14. In the role of special advisor, Woodruff is in charge of developing a portfolio for honorifics “leading the elevation of extramural excellence of the university.”

Woodruff will also go on a four-month sabbatical-equivalent leave beginning July 15 through Nov. 14 and a six-month research leave beginning Nov. 15 through May 14, 2025.

She will return to faculty duties on May 15, 2025 in Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductive Biology and Biomedical Engineering.

Woodruff was appointed interim president in October 2022, weeks after the resignation of former MSU President Samuel Stanley who resigned due to a loss of confidence in the Board of Trustees.

In August 2023, Woodruff announced she would not be seeking a permanent role as university president, ensuring a “smooth transition of leadership” following the appointment of current MSU President Kevin Guskiewicz.

Haraz Coffee House opened in East Lansing

Haraz Coffee House, a Yemeni franchise, had a ‘soft opening’ this past Sunday and a grand opening on Monday.

Haraz CEO Hamzah Nasser brought the coffee served at Haraz from overseas to share at his franchises, according to shop owner Dina Elhout.

The Dearborn-born franchise has more than 10 locations across the nation. Elhout said they are rapidly growing, and anticipate opening more locations in other college towns in the future.

Elhout says Haraz is unique compared to other local coffee shops, being that the ingredients they use are also from overseas, minus the regular whole milk.

Elhout said they cater to students being a college town franchise. She said a majority of their tables have outlets and USB ports for student use.

Additionally, Elhout said they are specifically catering to Spartans. Haraz has incorporated green tiles and pendants for MSU students.

As well as coffee, Haraz will have an espresso bar, serve iced refreshers and offer baked goods and desserts, both “savory and sweet.”

Based on original reporting by Demonte Thomas and Anna Rossow.