2024 NFL Draft Full Team Grades: Teams 17-32
Jack David, NFL Beat Reporter • April 28, 2024

Today’s weather forecast is predicting cloudy with a slight chance of a rain shower with a high of 55 degrees and a low of 48 degrees.

Here’s why The State News is suing MSU

The State News is suing the university for blocking the public release of information.

They were seeking documents through a public records request about employees who were found to have been investigated by the Office of Institutional Equity more than once and found not responsible for misconduct.

They were denied access to the names of employees, so they appealed. In response, MSU Interim President Teresa Woodruff argued this information was private. She didn’t provide any specific reasoning, though, just that she “disagreed” with the fact that The State News needed the names for its reporting.

Editor-in-chief, Morgan Womack said MSU can’t deny their access to these records because it “disagrees” with the reporting. It needs to fulfill its legal obligations under FOIA and make good on the constant, apparently hollow, promises of transparency and accountability.

MSU police respond to false alarm of weapon in Engineering Building

MSU Police and Public Safety officers responded to a call from someone who reported seeing a person inside of the Engineering Building holding what they thought might be a weapon at 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday, according to MSU Department of Police and Public Safety spokesperson Dana Whyte.

The officers determined that the item the person was holding was not a weapon.

An alert was not sent out to students.

Officers determined there was no confirmed threat or danger to the community, and alerts are only sent when a threat is confirmed, Whyte said.

‘Whiplash’ actor Miles Teller visits local bar Crunchy’s, some MSU students catch a glimpse

Michigan State University students soaked up the more forgiving weather as they lined up outside local East Lansing bar Crunchy’s, waiting to meet “Top Gun: Maverick” star Miles Teller. However, not everyone was able to make it through the pear-green door.

Teller, known for his roles as Peter Hayes in the “Divergent” series, was at Crunchy’s to promote his “The Finnish Long Drink,” on Tuesday.

Crunchy’s announced the event on their Instagram page on Sunday, Feb. 4. In the comments, they noted that tickets were not necessary for entry.

Long Drink Marketing Representative and Brand Ambassador Karyn Thrush found out last Thursday that Teller was coming to Crunchy’s. The event was “very last minute,” she said, and all local business owners came into the bar the day of.

Criminal justice junior Emily Smiley visited Crunchy’s in the afternoon after leaving her class “a little bit” early, where she saw a huge line of people sitting, doing homework and getting food.

“The staff of the bar essentially came up to everybody and were like, ‘if you guys are here to see Miles Teller, you can’t be here, there’s a reservation’ and everyone was like ‘what are you talking about, we were just going to sit here and wait,'” Smiley said. “They were saying that they can’t do that, it’s not fair to people….you could put your name and phone number on the list.”

Crunchy’s ended up hitting the maximum capacity for the list, Smiley said.

Based on original reporting by Morgan Womack and Ridhima Kodali.