2024 NFL Draft Full Team Grades: Teams 17-32
Jack David, NFL Beat Reporter • April 28, 2024

Today’s weather forecast is predicting overcast skies with areas of patchy fog with a high of 38 degrees and a low of 34 degrees.

MSU establishes program to foster women leaders in business

Michigan State University recently established a new program to accelerate more women in business into leadership roles post-graduation.

The Dashney Women’s Leadership Accelerator, or DWLA, will offer one-on-one mentorship, workshops and other specialized opportunities for a select group of women every year in the Broad College of Business.

The inaugural cohort of the DWLA was announced in December, with official programming starting in January. There are 14 women currently in the program, called DWLA Scholars. Director of the DWLA Helen Dashney said they’re not aiming to be a big organization so that interactions between the director and students can still be very personalized.

Dashney said the relationships she cultivates with the women in her program will be “very much a two-way street.”

‘I honestly feel robbed’: Lions fans heartbroken over NFC Championship loss vs. San Francisco 49ers

The stage was set for the Detroit Lions on Sunday night as the team squared off against the No. 1 seed San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship game. With a Super Bowl trip on the line for the winner, fans all over the campus of Michigan State tuned into CBS to gear up for one of the biggest Detroit Lions games ever.

However, in a close game fueled by momentum, the Lions fell short of reaching their first-ever Super Bowl appearance, ultimately losing 34-31. A game filled with mishaps like dropped passes, missed tackles and questionable coaching decisions left the Lions just short of the Super Bowl. This game, which meant so much to the state of Michigan, has now broken the hearts of many. A week that started off with Lions chanting “Jared Goff” during the MSU hockey game last Friday now leaves fans roaming the streets of East Lansing in sadness and dismay.

Construction sophomore Jonah Summerhays, who has been a Lions fan all his life, says the only way to describe how he’s feeling is just pure “pain.” He recalls that after the Lions lost the lead, every “feel-good emotion” was sucked out of him.

However, even when things seemed dull and unwatchable for Lions fans, communications sophomore Ellie Johnson was proud of how her team fought.

“I know a lot of people might be down right now, I know I sure am, but this Detroit Lions team has a very bright future ahead of them,” Johnson said. “They’ve definitely turned it around the past couple of years, and with this young talent and core that I love so much, I think we’ll bounce back next year and hopefully do even better. We have the chemistry and youth mixed in with the undying love from the fans. It’s going to be fun to see what the future holds.”

Based on original reporting by Lauren Coin and Kaspar Haehnle.