2024 NFL Draft Full Team Grades: Teams 17-32
Jack David, NFL Beat Reporter • April 28, 2024

Today’s weather forecast is predicting partly cloudy skies during the morning and then overcast in the afternoon with a high of 37 degrees and a low of 29 degrees.

Izzo sees “brighter days” with new president after “embarrassing” MSU board conduct

Michigan State University men’s basketball coach Tom Izzo said that a looming choice for the university’s presidency could spell “brighter days” after tumultuous board infighting.

“Our board is, it’s no secret, it’s been crazy and a little bit embarrassing,” Izzo said at a news conference Monday. “But at the same time, I think when you go through something like that, everybody kind of figures out that ‘hey, we gotta be doing what’s best for the university’ and I think that’s where our board is at now.”

MSU’s board is currently facing the presidential decision hot off a public fight over its own leadership.

Last month, two trustees called for the removal of board chair Rema Vassar over wide-ranging allegations of misconduct and ethics policy violations. Vassar disputed the allegations and said she would not resign. The university ordered an outside investigation into the allegations, which is ongoing.

Now, the embattled board is debating who should fill the university’s vacated presidency.

Sparrow supports employee mental health by targeting overall wellness

Sparrow Hospital utilizes a robust employee assistance program targeting several aspects of overall wellness in order to support the mental health of its employees.

The program spans from free counseling to financial advising.

The mental health-specific aspect of the employee assistance program consists of a 24/7 U.S.-based call center for confidential counseling. Counseling is available to employees as well as their spouses and dependents.

After doing an intake session through the call center, employees and their families will be directed to the correct resource for further counseling. The hospital provides eight free sessions per issue brought to the attention of the employee assistance program every year for each individual within the family.

The employee assistance program also includes a crisis management team that can be deployed to help caregivers through traumatic events. This team will send out local crisis-trained therapists to come on-site and work with caregivers who have experienced a traumatic event.

MSU football starting quarterback Katin Houser enters name into transfer portal

Starting Michigan State football redshirt freshman quarterback Katin Houser has entered his name into the transfer portal as of Monday afternoon.

Houser took over the starting quarterback job in week seven of the 2023 season. Houser was given the reins midway through the season over redshirt junior quarterback Noah Kim after struggles on the offensive side of the ball were evident.

In seven games as the starter, Houser threw for 974 yards and six touchdowns with four interceptions. Houser threw for 158 yards and an additional interception in four appearances off the bench in spite of Kim’s struggles against Central Michigan, Richmond, No 8. ranked Washington and Maryland.

The addition of newly appointed head coach Jonathan Smith will likely keep the portal active for MSU in terms of additions and subtractions of players. It will be important to note the quarterback position going forward as there will likely be an upcoming battle for the starting spot once again this offseason.

Based on original reporting by Alex Walters, Vivian Barrett and Jacob Smith.