Matriarchs of Music | Kate Bush
Matriarchs of Music | Kate Bush
Ryan Beylerian, Writer/Volunteer • April 26, 2024

Michigan State football transfer portal update: Noah Kim, Christian Fitzpatrick the latest to transfer

Sparty+celebrates+with+the+Spartans+after+a+victory+against+Nebraska+on+Saturday%2C+November+4%2C+2023+at+Spartan+Stadium.+
Sparty celebrates with the Spartans after a victory against Nebraska on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at Spartan Stadium.

EAST LANSING – Three days after MSU football finished the 2023 season with an 4-8 record, several Michigan State players have announced their decision to enter the NCAA transfer portal on Monday, according to reports. 

LB Darius Snow:

Snow, who missed the majority of 2022 and 2023 with injuries, recorded 98 tackles and one interception in 22 career games at MSU. He has two more seasons of eligibility remaining.

OL Spencer Brown:

Brown was a two-year starter on the Spartans’ offensive line, and played 783 snaps in 2022.

QB Katin Houser:

Houser, who started the last seven games, and threw for 1,132 yards, six touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Spartans, became the third MSU football player to enter the portal on Monday. The 6-foot-3 and 215 pound quarterback was a four-star recruit from Bellflower, CA, and has three seasons of eligibility remaining.  

OL Ethan Boyd:

Boyd was a member of the 2021 recruiting class, and started three games at right tackle for the Spartans. Wigenton did not play a snap in 2023, and played a total of 12 snaps on offense in 2022.

OL: Kevin Wigenton:

Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Kevin Wigenton and played a total of 12 snaps on offense in 2022. In 2023, he competed for the starting spot of the offensive line, and did not play a snap.

QB Sam Leavitt:

Leavitt became the second MSU quarterback to enter the transfer portal on Monday. The former four-star recruit from Oregon appeared in four games, throwing for 139 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Leavitt used his redshirt year late in the 2023 season.

QB Noah Kim: 

As of Tuesday, Michigan State football does not have a quarterback on scholarship. Kim is the latest player to enter the transfer portal after earning the starting job in fall camp. The redshirt junior only started five games for the Spartans, throwing for 1,090 yard, six touchdowns, and six interceptions.

WR Christian Fitzpatrick:

A transfer from Louisville in May 2021, Fitzpatrick suffered season-ending injury in 2022. The wide receiver from Southfield, Michigan returned to the lineup in 2023, catching 18 passes for 252 yards.