Today’s weather forecast is predicting intervals of clouds and sunshine with a high of 48 degrees and a low of 30 degrees. For the weekend, it looks like it will be partly cloudy pretty much the whole time with temps in the higher 40s.

MSU College of Education seniors want to make their voices heard in the face of miscommunication

In October of last year, students within the MSU College of Education were informed of a change in Michigan law that affected the length of their programs. This year, seniors are feeling the weight of its impact.

MSU shifted from its five-year program to a four-year program for education majors. The news came shortly before students had to schedule classes for the upcoming semester.

The then juniors had to decide how they could feasibly adjust to the new program– most had taken too many classes already to be eligible and moved forward with the five-year path. At the same time, new students would benefit from getting certification and not shell out the same expense on additional classes.

This year, from Sept. 14-19, town halls were held to communicate with students on how to navigate the transition as seniors moved into the placement aspect of their program, which places education students in classrooms to get hands-on experience.

Even with a language barrier in some of their placements, the students said education students haven’t forgotten the power of their voice.

With support, students were able to get into a meeting with the College of Education Dean where they could discuss a new communication system to be implemented.

The Allen Farmers Market: A source of year-round local produce

These semi-chilly, colorful months present all things autumn-themed not just in nature trails and outdoor events but also in businesses around Lansing.

For some businesses, the seasons have much to do with the establishments’ popularity.

Farmers markets seem to be a trend within the fall months, selling festive products like pumpkins and hay bales.

In local terms, the Allen Farmers Market of Lansing serves to be a source of autumn commerce.

Despite the fall trends of visiting farmers markets, this Lansing-based market is open not year-round and finds peak popularity in the summer.

In addition to buying goods, the Allen Farmers Market gives opportunities for new vendors to set up shop in a communal outreach. The Allen Neighborhood Center website features applications for new vendors, farmers, and entertainers to share their specialties with the market.

This market is open every Wednesday from 3:00-6:30 p.m. for visitors within and outside the community to join in building a source of local produce.

MSU Football looks to ride momentum to avoid another blowout loss to top ranked opponent

The Michigan State football team has been riding high since last Saturday afternoon where the Spartans picked up their first victory since September to snap a six-game losing streak as they defeated Nebraska 20-17.

The victory was celebrated, but it is back to work. The Spartans have a tall task ahead of them in their upcoming game as they look to keep their momentum going in the last few weeks of the season.

MSU will travel to Columbus to face off against No. 3 ranked Ohio State under the lights tomorrow. The Buckeyes are undefeated on the season with a record of 9-0 and sit atop of the Big Ten standings.

No matter how challenging the game may seem to be on paper for Michigan State, they have lots to play for including spoiling Ohio State’s chances at a Big Ten Conference title or potential College Football Playoff berth.

Through all the adversity, the Spartans found a way to get one victory. The most important result now will be how they respond in hopes to change the course of their season.

Based on original reporting by Liam Clymer, Kyle O’Connor and Jacob Smith.

To end our last episode of the week, here are a few announcements!

Here is the MSU Athletic line-up for the weekend…

Today

• Women’s Soccer will play Ohio in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at 6 P.M.
  • Hockey will go against Penn State at 7 P.M. at Munn Ice Arena.

Tomorrow

• Wrestling will host their Michigan State Open.
  • Hockey will play Penn State at 4 P.M.

Sunday

• Women’s Basketball will go against Wright State at 2 P.M. at the Breslin Center.
  • Men’s Tennis will participate in the ITF M15 East Lansing Tournament.

For our last announcement, we will not have any episodes air November 20th-24th due to Thanksgiving Break!