2024 NFL Draft Full Team Grades: Teams 17-32
Jack David, NFL Beat Reporter • April 28, 2024

Today’s weather forecast is predicting a good amount of cloudiness with occasional rain showers in the afternoon with a high of 54 degrees and a low of 47 degrees. For the weekend it looks like it will be lower 50s and overall cloudy with periods of rain on Saturday.

Outages leave parts of Grand River, 1400 BWL customers without power

About 1400 residents and swaths of commercial spaces on Grand River Ave. and Albert St. lost power Wednesday afternoon, according to the Lansing Board of Water and Light, or BWL.

The cause of the outage was a “suspect cable fault,” BWL public relations specialist Emma McGlocklin said.

Street lights were out at a number of intersections including Albert St. and MAC Ave., and Grand River Ave. and Division.

Witnesses outside the neighboring MSU Chabad and Musselman Realty said they saw the line “spark” and “catch on fire” briefly just before the outage began.

Cleanest room on campus? MSU’s ‘Moist Towelette Museum’

Tucked into the corner of room 100 in the back of Abrams Planetarium, lies one of MSU’s quirkiest collections: the Moist Towelette Museum.

Museum Curator and Planetarium Production Coordinator John French started his collection of moist towelettes in the early 1990s. Now, it has amassed worldwide news coverage, even being featured in a New Zealand Herald article showcasing “4 Strange American Museums.” Over the years, the collection has grown in size to over 1,000 towelettes, French estimates.

Most of the towelettes in his office have been donated from people around the world. French proudly displays wipes from the Turkish Airlines, the Russian Railway and Air Tahiti, among other unique ones. They range in application, from one towelette designed for wiping away radioactive contamination, to one for cleaning dentures.

French said the museum started when he hosted a conference at a planetarium in Texas. He said that in the lobby, there was a display case with a Mars exhibit and he jokingly replaced its contents with some moist towelettes he had accumulated.

French came to MSU in 2002 and brought his towelettes with him. However, his love for saving these wipes doesn’t exactly translate to using them. Moist towelettes aren’t the only thing being collected at Abrams Planetarium, though.

French’s colleague has his own unique collection of Pez dispensers displayed in his office. The planetarium also showcases a collection of a piece of every meteorite that has ever been found or landed in Michigan.

French encourages every visitor of his museum to sign the guest registry. After writing their name and hometown, he asks that guests write down what they collect.

Based on original reporting by Alex Walters and Lauren Coin.

To end our last episode of the week, here are a few announcements!

Here is the MSU Home Athletic line-up for the weekend…

Today

• Field Hockey will play Penn State at 6 P.M.

Tomorrow

• Rowing will go up against Eastern Michigan for an exhibition game.

Sunday

• Field Hockey will vs. Rutgers at 1 P.M.
  • Men’s Soccer will play Maryland at 2 P.M.

For our last announcement, we won’t have any episodes air next week and through October 24th due to the College Broadcasters Inc. conference I will be attending in Orlando, Florida, and MSU’s fall break. See you back on October 25th!