Today’s weather forecast is predicting mainly sunny skies with a beautiful high of 80 degrees and a low of 56 degrees.

ASMSU recommends improvements to relationship violence, sexual misconduct training

Michigan State University requires students to take relationship violence and sexual misconduct, or RVSM, trainings, as well as sexual assault and relationship violence, or SARV, prevention trainings. At the Associated Students of MSU, or ASMSU, general assembly meeting last Thursday, representatives passed a bill recommending improvements, including requiring the training to be in-person.

The goal of the bill is to have ASMSU work with the university to create more inclusive in-person training for RVSM and SARV by requiring all of the diverse trainings to be mandatory and in-person.

An amendment was added to say excuses for in-person participation should be allowed, but the main goal is to have yearly in-person trainings for all MSU students.

The bill was passed in a unanimous vote among the general assembly.

Tyson Walker makes it official, will return for third season with MSU

After a breakout second season with Michigan State men’s basketball, senior guard Tyson Walker announced that he will return to the team, using the extra year of eligibility due to COVID, next season.

The news went public on Walker’s Instagram account Monday afternoon with a video breaking the eagerly anticipated news.

Walker was a standout player in Izzo’s backcourt during the 2022-23 season. The starting guard averaged 34 minutes, 14.8 points and 2.9 assists per game. Walker is the first to announce his return out of the other eligible seniors on the roster including graduate student forward Joey Hauser and senior guard Malik Hall.

6 Broadway productions announced for the Wharton Center’s 2023-’24 season

Tickets are now on sale for the Wharton Center’s 2023-’24 Broadway season, which begins on Tuesday, Oct. 3. Six Broadway productions, including musicals and a play will come to Michigan State University’s campus.

First, the season will open with Aaron Sorkin’s play adaptation of Harper Lee’s novel, “To Kill a Mockingbird” Oct. 3-8. The classic story follows a lawyer fighting to maintain the innocence of a Black man wrongly accused of rape in Alabama in the 1930s.

Next, last performed at the Wharton Center in 2005, “Hairspray,” a musical directed by Jack O’Brien, is making its return to East Lansing Nov. 28 to Dec. 3. Set in 1960s Baltimore, Hairspray follows teenage Tracy Turnblad as she strives for fame as a dancer on the “Corny Collins Show,” where she advocates for desegregation of the program.

Following, the jukebox musical is back in East Lansing for the sixth time in honor of its 25th anniversary tour from Jan. 16-24, 2024. “Mamma Mia!” is set in Greece to tell the story of a daughter attempting to connect with her real father, told through the music of ABBA.

Next, “Funny Girl,” will come Feb. 6-11, 2024. It is based on the story of Fanny Brice, a girl from lower Manhattan who, despite being told that she will not succeed in the industry, becomes one of the greatest icons within musical theater.

Then, April 2-14, 2024 will highlight “Moulin Rouge!” which is a jukebox musical written by John Logan, based on the 2001 film. It follows a composer who falls in love with a cabaret actress in the 20th century.

Finally, The Wharton Center will close its Broadway season May 14-19, 2024 with “Six,” the story of which one of Henry VIII’s wives had it the worst, as told through a pop concert battle written by Lucy Moss and Toby Marlow.

Based on original reporting by Maddie Dallas, Melanie Soverinsky and Jaden Beard.