Former MSU LB Luke Fulton transfers to Kentucky

Michigan State football special teams coordinator and linebackers coach Ross Els/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Sean Mullen, General Assignment Reporter

EAST LANSING— Former Michigan State linebacker Luke Fulton has transferred to Kentucky. 

Fulton, a member of the 2019 recruiting class, did not appear in a game for the Spartans during his tenure in East Lansing. The redshirt freshman was set to compete for a linebacker spot during 2020, but an off-field issue kept him away from the team during training camp. Fulton never returned to the program and entered his name in the transfer portal at the conclusion of the season.

A four-star recruit out of Youngstown, Ohio, Fulton originally committed to the Spartans over 32 other schools who had offered. Kentucky was one of the teams in the mix for Fulton out of high school. 

Since he was a redshirt freshman going into the 2020 season and all players were granted an extra year of eligibility due to COVID-19, he will have four years of eligibility remaining. 

Fulton gets a fresh start in Lexington, where he will look to help the Wildcats for the remainder of his collegiate career.

Follow Sean Mullen on Twitter at @seanmullen_.