The “Scrap” for Techno: An Interview with Carl Craig
Jovana Nagj, Co-host of Terminally Online • May 2, 2024

PREVIEW: No. 20 Michigan State set for B1G matchup against No. 25 Indiana

Michigan State senior forward Ranya Senhaji’s pass is stopped by defender Waniya Hudson in MSU’s game vs. Notre Dame on September 3, 2023. Notre Dame defeated Michigan State, 2-1. Photo Credit: Jack Moreland/WDBM

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – No. 20 Michigan State women’s soccer will travel to Bloomington, Indiana tonight to face off in a ranked matchup against No. 25 Indiana. This is the first meeting between the two sides since last season, where MSU took home a 1-0 victory in East Lansing. 

Coming off their best win of the season against then No. 14 ranked Michigan, MSU will look to capture a win against another tough opponent. 

While the Spartans only have three losses on the season, they face a Hoosier team that has only dropped one game all year, and is undefeated on their home turf. 

Graduate forward Paige Webber, who transferred to IU from Michigan State after her freshman season, leads Indiana in points and goals this season, with her team-high 26 points ranking 11th in the national rankings. MSU’s defense will look to limit what Webber can do inside the box throughout the match. 

For MSU, they will look to keep the ball rolling after their first ranked win of the season. Senior midfielder Regan Dalton is coming off earning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week last week, as well as junior forward Jordyn Wickes coming off a two-goal outing in Ann Arbor. 

The all-time series sits at 19-9-2 in favor of Indiana. Michigan State has won the last two meetings dating back to 2021. 

First touch is scheduled for tonight at 7:00 pm at Bill Armstrong Stadium in Bloomington.