2022 Spring Game set for April 16

MSU+four-star+2022+commit+Jaden+Mangham+during+his+official+visit+to+East+Lansing%2F+Photo+Credit%3A+MSU+Athletic+Communications+

MSU four-star 2022 commit Jaden Mangham during his official visit to East Lansing/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Manit Patel, General Assignment Reporter

EAST LANSING, Mich—The Michigan State football team announced their spring practice schedule and spring game date today via Twitter.

MSU and head coach Mel Tucker are scheduled to have 14 practices held beginning on March 16th that will occur every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday until the spring game on April 16th. These practices allow for transfers and early enrollees to get up to speed with conditioning, class loads and the offensive and defensive playbook.

MSU 2022 tight end commit Jack Nickel during his official visit to East Lansing/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

The Spartans began their offseason strength and conditioning program today, welcoming 13 total early enrollees. Of the 13 total, four are transfers, and the remaining nine are a part of the incoming 2022 recruiting class. Transfers include running back Jalen Berger (Wisconsin), defensive end Khris Bogle (Florida), linebacker Aaron Brule (Mississippi State), and linebacker Jacoby Windmon (UNLV).  

Georgia transfer cornerback Ameer Speed, who announced his commitment to MSU earlier today, is also set to join the team soon.

The freshmen that are already on campus include four-star quarterback Katin Houser, four-star defensive tackle Alex VanSumeren, four-star wide receiver Germie Bernard, four-star athletes Jaden Mangham and Dillon Tatum, three-star defensive end Chase Carter, three-star cornerback Ade Willie and Caleb Coley and three-star tight end Jack Nickel. The rest of the 2022 class is expected to join the team in the summer.