Exposure 11/23/19 – Spartans Rebuilding MI & MSU Peace Core

Back to Article
Back to Article

Stephanie Stapert and Alexa Stecewicz

This week on Exposure, your host Stephanie was joined by a NEW co-host, Alexa! As Alexa’s debut, we interviewed Spartans Rebuilding Michigan and MSU Peace Core.

Spartans Rebuilding Michigan is a student group on Michigan State’s campus that works to serve the Lansing community by working with a variety of organizations such as The Potter Park Zoo, The Ronald McDonald House, The Firecracker Foundation, Special Olympics and many more. If you are interested in getting more involved contact them or just show up to their upcoming meetings on December 2nd and January 13th at 7 p.m. in the Business College Complex room N130.

Up next, Stephanie and Alexa spoke to Erika and Chad about their experiences in Peace Core and how students can get involved. Peace Core is an organization that sends Americans overseas to serve with local leaders to tackle the issues in that community. For more information, feel free to reach out to Erika and Chad. They are also on campus in the International Center room 12E from 1-3 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays.

This week on SciFiles, Chelsie and Danny spoke to Jeremy Rapp, Ally Brady, and Ben McCarthy about food, energy and water. As graduate students in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, they are working together to research the effects of the environment on food growth and production.