ASMSU’s Safe Ride program seeks recovery from pandemic fueled struggles

Safe Ride is intended to improve students’ safety by providing up to one ride a day, across the greater East Lansing area, at no cost, from 8:00 pm to 1:30 am, seven days a week. Safe Ride is funded by the ASMSU tax within students tuition.

ASMSU expressed that because of setbacks from the pandemic where Safe Ride had difficulties with their service on campus.

ASMSU Vice President Alan Saleh stated he’s been putting hard effort into marketing Safe Ride across campus.

While Saleh deals with the ongoing labor shortage issue, he also thinks the labor shortage is causing the difficulties in the functioning of Safe Ride.

Saleh also believes that this situation will be temporary.

While hoping the Safe Ride program runs by the University itself, Saleh is attending a Safe Ride conference at Oregon State University.

He is also optimistic about MSU accepting his request.

Xfinity services now offered to on-campus residents

The housing assignments office announced in an email sent to Michigan State students, that on-campus residents now have access to Xfinity On Campus services.

Residents will be able to utilize live TV, Xfinity on Demand and Cloud DVR through phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, Rokus and Smart TVs.

Apps such as HBO and Peacock are included and residents do not have to worry about paying extra as the services are included in room and board.

Residents on campus and off campus can login with their MSU NetID. Students have to have access to the campus network to have full access.

Premium channels can be paid optionally to students Xfinity accounts such as NFL Redzone.

Pitcher perfect: Ashley Miller tosses third ever perfect game in MSU softball history

Sophomore Ashley Miller pitched MSU softball’s third ever perfect game this last weekend.

Miller helped propel the Spartans to 3-2 overall in her perfect game, which was the first since 2007.

This game was a great way to kick off the season. Miller is planning to take her skills and determination with her for the rest of the season.

Miller was supported by her teammates and coaching staff and did what she would normally do to succeed.

Miller expressed that this was the best weekend she had so far in her career at Michigan State and definitely tested her skills with a challenge.

Miller also pointed out she didn’t want the Akrons to make a close game and thought that her team did well in general.

With the game against Akron, the Spartans have left at 3-2. MSU is hosting Jacksonville Friday at 5pm and 7:30pm.

Based on original reporting by Alexander Maas, Selma Cogo, and Melanie Soverinsky. Script by Shakyra Mabone.