DJ Spotlight of the Week is back this semester with Gigi! Along with working at Impact as our Training Director, Gigi is a student studying Finance and Media and Information. You can catch her listening to James Blake, or DJing the Cultural Vibe on Saturday’s from 8PM-12AM!
1. What made you decide to join Impact and become a DJ?
Coming from South Africa I had done a lot of work on Radio and TV, thus when I got my acceptance to MSU, I looked up what radio station they had and the rest is history.
2. What has been your best on-air experience?
There are too many, however, I think my favorite moment was when a caller called in to tell me how much he loved my accent. This made me feel really good as I am self-conscious about it a lot.
3. How do you think working in radio will affect your future career and life experience?
Radio has given me the confidence to engage in good conversation without any hesitation.
4. What is your favorite part of the station?
The culture that Impact DJ’s have created. The culture of being loved and celebrated no matter how alternative you are. Thus, one always feels safe in and around the station.
5. If you could play an artist non-stop on the air, which would it be?
James Blake and a lot more of Mr. Blake!
6. What is the best concert experience you have had? Why?
Watching Kanye West and hearing his rant in person and laughing my head off 😊
Our next DJ Spotlight of the Week will be posted on 10/9!