Impact Sports Daily – 3/28/24 – Opening Day
Jack David and Matt CouryMarch 28, 2024

DJ Spotlight of the Week | Maggie Keech

November is here and so is our new DJ Spotlight of the Week! Meet Maggie Keech, one of our Air Staff Coaches and our DJ from 4PM-6PM on Mondays! When she’s not slaving away at the station, Maggie is studying Elementary Education and listening to Panic! at the Disco. Make sure to call in at 517-884-8989 and request what you want to hear!

1. What made you decide to join Impact and become a DJ?

A friend of mine was really hyped about Impact and I thought it would be cool to DJ on-air, so I joined!

2. What has been your best on air experience?

A random listener called me a few weeks ago. He didn’t introduce himself or anything, but started listing off some pretty good Halloween puns. After every one he’d laugh like CRAZY! Then he just hung up after the last pun, leaving me stunned. Here’s the ones I can remember:

Why don’t vampires like Taylor Swift? Because she has bad blood!
Where do ghosts like to go on vacation? To Mali-BOO!

3. How do you think working in radio will affect your future career and life experience?

I’m going to be a teacher, which seems like a completely different world. But I’ve taught lessons in my classes where my professor came up to me afterward and said I had great inflection! So being a DJ has taught me some great communication skills, plus, as an Air Staff Coach, I’m getting good practice evaluating people.

4. What is your favorite part of the station?

The people! Everyone here, both volunteers and employees, are so welcoming and fun to be with. Since I’ve started working here, I’ve gotten some pretty great memes from an Impact group chat. I also love hanging out with everyone at Impact events. Overall, joining Impact has been like instantly gaining tons of new friends!

5. If you could play an artist non-stop on the air, which would it be?

I would probably choose Arctic Monkeys because I feel like they have a good mix of hits and hidden gems!

6. What is the best concert experience you have had? Why?

This is a really hard question. On the one hand, I got to meet Brendon Urie in person at a Panic! concert, which was a dream come true. My immediate reaction after shaking hands was “wow, he has surprisingly soft hands!” On the other hand, I loved going to a Fall Out Boy concert with my brother, since that’s his favorite band. He sang all the lyrics perfectly, and I was also treated to the rare (dorky) Andrew dance, which was awesome! I’d say those two were my best concert experiences.

Our next DJ Spotlight of the Week will be posted on 11/13!