Matriarchs of Music | Kate Bush
Matriarchs of Music | Kate Bush
Ryan Beylerian, Writer/Volunteer • April 26, 2024

Michigan State women’s basketball collects multiple All-Big Ten accolades

Jack Moreland
MSU graduate guard Julia Ayrault makes a free throw against Northwestern on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024 at the Breslin Center.

EAST LANSING – Four Michigan State women’s basketball players earned All-Big Ten awards, voted on by Big Ten coaches and media. 

Graduate forward Julia Ayrault was named to the first team All Big-Ten team. Ayrault led MSU  with 15.1 points per game, 11th best in the Big Ten. She also ranked in the top ten in rebounds per game, field goal percentage and blocks per game.

Sophomore guard Theryn Hallock was awarded with Big Ten Sixth Player of the Year. Hallock is the second Spartan to win the award. Hallock was the leading scorer off the bench for the Spartans averaging 11.2 points per game.

MSU graduate guard Moira Joiner (22) drives to the lane against Michigan on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2024 at the Crisler Center in Ann Arbor. (Jack Moreland)

The Spartan backcourt was also recognized, as graduate guard Mo Joiner and junior guard DeeDee Hagemann were selected to the All-Big Ten second team. 

Joiner was second in the conference in three-point percentage and was also named Michigan State’s Big Ten Sportsmanship Award nominee. 

Hagemann had been on the All-Big Ten honorable mention team the prior two seasons but broke through this season earning a spot on the second team. Hageman led the Spartans with 5.1 assists per game and led the conference with the highest assist-to-turnover ratio.

The Spartans earned a double-bye in the Big Ten Tournament, getting a week to rest before making a final push to better their resume before the NCAA Tournament.

MSU will begin postseason play Friday, March 8, in the Big Ten Tournament in Minneapolis at 3 p.m.