MSU to begin offering COVID-19 vaccine to students

Vaccine testing vials/ Photo Credit: MSU University Communications

Nathan Stearns, News Director

EAST LANSING— Beginning on Friday, Michigan State students will be able to register for a COVID-19 appointment on campus.

In an email sent to MSU students on Wednesday, Senior Vice President of Residential and Hospitality Services Vennie Gore announced that all MSU students will have the opportunity to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at the MSU Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education on April 9.

Unlike the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a single-dose vaccine that doesn’t require a follow-up shot after the first dose.

Students who sign up to receive the vaccine will be required to bring either their MSU ID, a valid state ID, a passport or a driver’s license to confirm proof of residency.  In addition, the Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) is providing free transportation services to the MSU Pavilion, as well as other local vaccination sites. In order to use this service, one must call (517)-394-2282 at least 24 hours before their scheduled appointment time to make a reservation.

The link to sign up for the appointment is included here.

In addition to the MSU pavilion, the Dwight Rich School for the Arts campus and the Ingham County Fairground complex, both located in Mason, are currently offering COVID-19 appointment times.