MSU TE Kameron Allen decides to enroll early at MSU

Michigan State tight ends coach Ted Gilmore/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Nathan Stearns, Football Beat Reporter

EAST LANSING— Freshman tight end Kameron Allen will join quarterback Hampton Fay, offensive tackle Ethan Boyd and safeties Michael Gravely Jr. and A.J. Kirk as the five early enrollees in the 2021 recruiting class.

As a result of enrolling early, Allen will be able to take part in offseason workouts and spring conditioning. 

Allen, a native of Forney, Texas, is rated as a three-star recruit by 247 Sports. He held offers from other schools such as Arizona, Boise State, NC State, New Mexico State, Liberty, Hawaii and San Diego State, but committed to MSU on April 29. He signed his National Letter of Intent on Dec. 16.

247 Sports rated Allen as the No.192 overall prospect in Texas and the No. 66 overall tight end prospect in the country. 

Allen played at North Forney High School (Forney, Texas) and caught 44 passes for 808 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior. He also had 16 catches for 281 yards and five touchdowns as a junior. He played his sophomore season at Mesquite Poteet High School (Mesquite, Texas) before transferring to North Forney. 

Allen is the only tight end commit within the 2021 class; he will have a chance to earn playing time right away if senior tight end Matt Dotson decides not to return. As of right now, Trenton Gillison, who had five catches for 49 yards, and Tyler Hunt will be in line to receive the bulk of the reps at tight end next season.