DJ Spotlight of the Week – Tyler

Stephanie Stapert, Website Manager

This week’s DJ spotlight is Tyler! Tyler is a senior political science major here at MSU. Around the station, he is the guy to talk to whether it’s about news, pop-culture or music. He is also one of the Airstaff coaches and helps prepare our DJ’s to be on air. Tyler brings that energy and his love for all kinds of music every Friday 2-4 p.m.

What’s your role at The IMPACT?

I’m a Live DJ and Airstaff Coach.

What made you decide to join The IMPACT and become a DJ?

When I was a freshman I felt the pressure to find an organization/club to get involved with, and I had heard from friends at other colleges how much they enjoyed volunteering at their radio stations. I found out about Impact and gave it a shot, and found myself training to become a DJ. At first I really struggled to find my voice and gain confidence on the air, but now 3 years later it has become something I truly cherish and appreciate every time that I’m on the air!

What’s your zodiac sign?

I’m a Scorpio (please stop booing). I downloaded Co-star, but I would always wake up a message from the app saying I was trash which is honestly exactly what I need to hear to start my day.

What is your favorite album of 2019 so far?

So far my favorite album of 2019 is Alex G’s House of Sugar. I feel like all of Alex’s albums have their own unique themes/styles and House of Sugar kind of combines elements of all of them to create something super unique and beautiful.

If you were on a deserted island, who would you bring with you, and why?

I’ve thought about this at depth to be honest, and I think the answer is pretty obvious. If I take the Property Brothers with me, it’ll be no time before we have a nice 3 bed 2 bath modern ranch style home with an open concept kitchen.