The Sci-Files – 6/30/2019 – Huiyun and Natalie – Mentoring and the One Health Challenge

On this week’s The Sci-Files, your hosts Chelsie and Danny interview Huiyun Wu and Natalie Kagole about their mentoring relationship in regards to the One Health challenge.

Huiyun Wu is a researcher in Environmental Engineering; her research is on water microbiology and virology. Huiyun has played a significant role in the One Health Student Challenge – a program that brings international interdisciplinary groups of undergraduate students together to work on solutions to One Health problems. She was an organizer of the program and served as a mentor to multiple students. One of the students she mentored was Natalie Kagole, a student in Psychology, with a minor in public health. Their team won First Place in the Second International One Health Student Challenge in 2018. This episode focuses on their project with water scarcity and how mentoring impacted their lives.

If you’re interested in talking about your MSU research on the radio or nominating a student, please email Chelsie and Danny at [email protected]. You can ask questions for our future episodes here. Check The Sci-Files out on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube!