Matriarchs of Music | Kate Bush
Matriarchs of Music | Kate Bush
Ryan Beylerian, Writer/Volunteer • April 26, 2024

2024 NFL Mock Draft 4.0: Trades Galore!

The 2024 NFL Free Agency period in the NFL has been electric. 

So many moves have happened since the legal free agency tampering period opened up on Mar. 11, and they’ve come at a rapid pace. On the first day, it felt like every running back in the league was moving teams. Along with that, a top quarterback found a new home and so much more. 

With all of these moves, the needs of teams have changed. These changes of needs are slightly reflected in 4.0, but for the most part teams are targeting the same positions and players as before.

With six QBs going in the first round and four trades, buckle up for a crazy 4.0. 

1. Chicago Bears: Caleb Williams, USC, QB, Junior

Need I say more? It’s Caleb. Along with the trade of QB Justin Fields to the Pittsburgh Steelers, this pick is all but a forgone conclusion. 

2. Washington Commanders: Jayden Daniels, LSU, QB, Senior

I’ve switched between Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels with this second overall pick constantly over this draft process. In 4.0, the Commanders go with the 2023 Heisman winner. 

3. TRADE | Minnesota Vikings: Drake Maye, North Carolina, QB, Sophomore (RS)

After trading for the 23rd pick with the Texans, it’s obvious that the Vikings are garnering a bounty of picks to move up in the draft. In this scenario, they move all the way up to the third pick to draft QB Kirk Cousins’ successor, Drake Maye. 

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State, WR, Junior

Just like the Caleb pick, is there much more I can add with Marvin Harrison Jr.? He’s a generational WR, bar none. Arizona are able to snag him with the fourth pick. 

5. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Nabers, LSU, WR, Junior

After trading WR Keenan Allen and releasing WR Mike Williams, the Chargers have a ginormous hole at pass catcher. Malik Nabers, the WR with lightning speed and loads of explosiveness, heads to LA to fill their need.

6.  New York Giants: J.J. McCarthy, Michigan, QB, Junior

With the questions surrounding the future of Daniel Jones as a franchise QB, the Giants grab his future successor with J.J. McCarthy. The national championship winning QB  will be able to sit behind Jones for a year or two and, hopefully, come out firing once he gets the starting job. 

7. Tennessee Titans: Joe Alt, Notre Dame, OT, Junior

In what is becoming more and more one of the most sure-fire picks in the top ten, Tennessee picks their franchise left tackle in Joe Alt. 

8. Atlanta Falcons: Dallas Turner, Alabama, EDGE, Junior

Another popular pick with this one. After hammering home their offense in free agency, the Falcons use their first pick to select the ED with tremendous upside, Dallas Turner.

9. TRADE | New England Patriots: Rome Odunze, Washington, WR, Senior

New England moves up only two spots to draft the complete WR that is Rome Odunze. And yes, it’s no coincidence that they jumped the New York Jets, a WR needy team who has the next pick. 

10. New York Jets: Troy Fautanu, Washington, OT, Senior

After being jumped by the Patriots, the Jets go after the offensive line and grab Troy Fautanu. Day one, he’ll come in and play guard, but once OT Tyron Smith’s play starts to deteriorate because of age, he’ll slide over and become their franchise tackle. 

11. TRADE | Chicago Bears: Jared Verse, Florida State, EDGE, Senior

Moving back two spots, the Bears are still able to go after one of their biggest needs, an ED to complement ED Montez Sweat. Jared Verse, the powerful product out of Florida State, fills that need. 

12. TRADE | Philadelphia Eagles: Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo, CB, Senior

Another trade! In an ultra-aggressive move, Philly and GM Howie Roseman come up 11 spots to pick 12 in order to address their CB problem. 

13. Las Vegas Raiders: Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State, OT, Junior (RS)

Does anyone really know what Vegas is going to do with this pick? They could trade up, they could trade down, or they could stick and pick up the mauling tackle that is Taliese Fuaga. 

14. New Orleans Saints: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State, OT, Junior (RS)

Another tackle comes off the board when the Saints select the relatively raw, but ultra-talented Olu Fashanu.

15. Indianapolis Colts: Terrion Arnold, Alabama, CB, Sophomore (RS)

Indy drafts the ‘Bama corner, Terrion Arnold. 

16.  TRADE | Miami Dolphins: Brock Bowers, Georgia, TE, Junior

In an offense dripping with talent, they’re missing a top-level TE. Miami trades up five sports to get just that. 

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Nate Wiggins, Clemson, CB, Junior

The Jags desperately need a shutdown corner to highlight their CB room. Nate Wiggins has the ability to develop and become that shutdown corner.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Brian Thomas Jr., LSU, WR, Junior

Joe Burrow: LSU. Jamarr Chase: LSU. After the presumed Tee Higgins trade, why not get another stud to create the LSU trifecta. 

19. Los Angeles Rams: Byron Murphy II, Texas, DI, Junior

After the retirement of the surefire first-ballot hall of famer, Aaron Donald, the Rams select someone who does a lot of the same things (please don’t take this as me comparing them, no one compares to Aaron Donald). 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Amarius Mims, Georgia, OT, Junior

With T Broderick Jones and the 20th overall pick Amarius Mims, the Steelers have two Georgia tackles to book end their offensive line for years to come. 

21. TRADE | Seattle Seahawks: Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon, C, Junior

Even after trading back five spots, Seattle is still able to grab the best center in the draft and someone they strongly considered with the 16th pick. 

22. TRADE | Denver Broncos: Bo Nix, Oregon, QB, Senior

Denver targets a QB with their altered first round draft pick, and they snag the experienced Bo Nix. 

23. TRADE | New England Patriots: Michael Penix Jr., Washington, QB, Senior

With their second out of two first round picks they received from the trade with the Vikings, New England pairs their first pick, Rome Odunze, with his college QB, Michael Penix Jr. 

24. Dallas Cowboys: JC Latham, Alabama, OT, Junior

Tyron Smith heads to the Jets, so the Cowboys draft his replacement in the mountain-sized tackle that is JC Latham. 

25. Green Bay Packers: Cooper DeJean, Iowa, CB, Junior

After the departure of S Xavier McKinney, the Packers draft the versatile Cooper DeJean that can play safety, slot corner, and boundary corner.

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Laiatu Latu, UCLA, EDGE, Senior

It’s hard to find a place to slot in Laiatu Latu because of his injury history, but he is without a doubt the best pure pass-rusher in the draft. The Bucs get a steal with this one.

27. Arizona Cardinals: Jer’Zhan Newton, Illinois, DL, Senior

Another steal of a pick occurs when the Cardinals grab Jer’Zhan, sometimes referred to as Johnny, Newton. 

28. Buffalo Bills: Adonai Mitchell, Texas, WR, Junior

With Gabe Davis now in Jacksonville, the Bills draft one of my favorite players in the draft and a great complement to WR Stefon Diggs, AD Mitchell. 

29. Detroit Lions: Darius Robinson, Missouri, EDGE, Graduate

The Lions roster has little to no holes in it, which makes it hard to draft for them. With their pick, they select the high-motor ED out of Missouri, Darius Robinson

30. Baltimore Ravens: Chop Robinson, Penn State, EDGE, Junior

If there’s one thing the Ravens love, it’s explosive, twitchy, but ultimately unpolished EDs. They get just that with Chop Robinson.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Graham Barton, Duke, OT, Senior

San Fran is another team with not a lot of holes in their roster, but if you had to pick one, it’s guard. Graham Barton played tackle in college but projects as a guard in the NFL, which is perfect for the 49ers.

32. Kansas Chiefs: Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma, OT, Junior (RS)

The champs end night one with the selection of the raw, but high-upside tackle out of Oklahoma, Tyler Guyton.