NFL mock draft 3.0

40s have been run, verticals have been jumped, rumors have been floated, and the 2024 NFL Combine has come and gone. We are now full steam ahead towards the 2024 NFL Draft in late April. 

It truly was a historical combine. The 40-yard dash record was broken by Xavier Worthy with a time of 4.21. The WR and OT classes look like they have all time potential. The class of offensive players in totality looks like it has the chance to have all time potential as well. 

This is also the last mock draft before free agency starts on Mar. 13. That’s going to answer a lot of questions and it’ll dial in what teams are exactly looking for. But until then, we have 3.0 to highlight the big winners of the combine.

1. Chicago Bears: Caleb Williams, USC, QB, Junior

Three mock drafts, three times Caleb Williams goes No. 1 to the Bears. It’s the easy pick for them, especially if you consider that they’re almost certain to trade Justin Fields. 

2. Washington Commanders: Drake Maye, North Carolina, QB, Sophomore (RS)

The Commanders have gone through a lot of turnover this offseason. They’ve welcomed a new GM in Adam Peters and a new HC in Dan Quinn. Why not welcome their QB of the future too?

3. TRADE | Minnesota Vikings: Jayden Daniels, LSU, QB, Senior

With the rumors of Kirk Cousins to the Falcons, the Vikings trade all the way up from pick 11 to pick three with the Patriots to grab their heir apparent in 2023 Heisman Winner, Jayden Daniels. 

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State, WR, Junior

Kyler Murray gets the premier weapon of the draft in Marvin Harrison Jr. to pair with TE Trey McBride and fellow WRs Michael Wilson and Marquise Brown. 

5. TRADE | Seattle Seahawks: J.J. McCarthy, Michigan, QB, Junior

The craziest pick of the draft occurs at number five when Seattle trades with Jim Harbaugh and the Chargers from pick 16 to select the 2024 National Champion, J.J. McCarthy. 

6. New York Giants: Rome Odunze, Washington, WR, Senior

The Giants give QB Daniel Jones some serious receiving help with the addition of Rome Odunze. 

7. Tennessee Titans: Joe Alt, Notre Dame, OT, Junior

It’s crazy to say that the No. 7 pick in the draft is a steal, but it is when it comes to Joe Alt. The premier tackle of this draft heads to Tennessee to help protect QB Will Levis. 

8. Atlanta Falcons: Malik Nabers, LSU, WR, Junior

Imagine this offense: QB Kirk Cousins, RB Bijan Robinson, WRs Drake London and Malik Nabers, TE Kyle Pitts. Under new HC Raheem Morris, who’s stopping that?

9. Chicago Bears: Dallas Turner, Alabama, EDGE, Junior

After selecting Caleb Williams with their first pick, the Bears look to their defensive and grab athletic freak and big combine winner, Dallas Turner. 

10.  New York Jets: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State, OT, Junior (RS)

It’s paramount to give QB Aaron Rodgers protection after he tore his achilles week one against the Bills. Olu Fashanu gives the Jets that protection. 

11. TRADE | New England Patriots: Troy Fautanu, Washington, OT, Senior

After trading back with the Vikings, the Patriots are still able to fill one of their biggest holes with the selection of another big combine winner, Troy Fautanu. 

12. Denver Broncos: Terrion Arnold, Alabama, CB, Sophomore (RS)

The Broncos snag the best cornerback of this class in Terrion Arnold to pair with CB Pat Surtain II to create one of the best CB duos in the league. 

13. Las Vegas Raiders: Byron Murphy II, Texas, DI, Junior

Vegas grabs the interior defensive lineman from Texas to bring a unique blend of power and speed to their pass rush. 

14. New Orleans Saints: Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State, OT, Junior (RS)

After the failure that was 2022 first round draft pick OT Trevor Penning, the Big Easy grabs the big mauler that is Taliese Fuaga to bolster their offensive line.

15.  Indianapolis Colts: Brian Thomas Jr., LSU, WR, Junior

QB Anthony Richardson gets another weapon to pair with WRs Michael Pittman and Josh Downs. 

16.  TRADE | Los Angeles Chargers: Brock Bowers, Georgia, TE, Junior

Even after trading back 11 spots, the Chargers are still able to come away with the best TE of this class. 

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo, CB, Senior

The Jags get some much needed secondary help when they pick Quinyon Mitchell.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: JC Latham, Alabama, OT, Junior

Cincy gives QB Joe Burrow some more time to pass when they draft the 6’6, 342 lbs tackle out of Alabama, JC Latham. 

19. Los Angeles Rams: Jared Verse, Florida State, EDGE, Senior

One of the more underrated players of this draft class heads to southern California. 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon, OC, Junior

The Steel City, right off the tail of cutting OC Mason Cole, find his replacement in Jackson Powers-Johnson.

21. Miami Dolphins: Amarius Mims, Georgia, OT, Junior

Another offensive lineman comes off the board when Miami picks up the absolute freak show that is Amarius Mims.

22. Philadelphia Eagles: Nate Wiggins, Clemson, CB, Junior

After a tumultuous 2023 season, the Eagles grab the speedster in Nate Wiggins to help their secondary.

23. Houston Texans: Adonai Mitchell, Texas, WR, Junior

QB C.J. Stroud gets a new weapon to add to his arsenal with the selection of hometown WR, Adonai Mitchell. 

24. Dallas Cowboys: Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma, OT, Junior (RS)

With longtime Dallas Cowboy OT Tyron Smith’s departure imminent, they grab Tyler Guyton from Oklahoma.

25. Green Bay Packers: Cooper DeJean, Iowa, CB, Junior

The Packers grab the chess-piece that is Cooper DeJean for their secondary. 

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Laiatu Latu, UCLA, EDGE, Senior

If maybe the biggest steal of the first round, Tampa grabs the incredibly polished Laiatu Latu. 

27. Arizona Cardinals: Jer-Zhan Newton, Illinois, DI, Senior

With their second pick of the first round, Arizona looks to the other side of the ball and get themselves a steal in Jer’Zhan Newton.

28. Buffalo Bills: Xavier Worthy, Texas, WR, Junior

The Bills pair the new NFL combine 40-yard dash record holder Xavier Worthy with QB Josh Allen to scare any secondary they face. 

29. Detroit Lions: Darius Robinson, Missouri, EDGE, Graduate

If there’s any player in this draft class that plays like a Dan Campbell-type player, it’s Darius Robinson. 

30. Baltimore Ravens: Keon Coleman, Florida State, WR, Junior

QB Lamar Jackson gets a new weapon when the Ravens take Florida State Seminole and former Michigan State Spartan, Keon Coleman.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Graham Barton, Duke, OL, Senior

The ultra-versatile offensive lineman from Duke heads to the 49ers to help protect QB Brock Purdy. 

32. Kansas City Chiefs, Ladd McConkey, Georgia, WR, Junior

KC ends night one by giving QB Patrick Mahomes a sure-handed WR in Ladd McConkey.