DJ Spotlight of the Week: Jadyn

Paige Drob, Training Director

The spotlight is on Jadyn Morris, Airstaff Extraordinaire. As an Airstaff Coach he helps all of our DJ’s learn the ropes. You can hear him show off his skills on Sundays from 4-6.

What made you decide to join The IMPACT and become a DJ?

Growing up me and my dad always used to listen to the station on drives to and from baseball games or on short trips in the area, and we both really loved the music. So when I came to MSU, joining Impact was a no brainer. It’s really cool to have the opportunity to be a part of a station I’ve been listening to since I was a kid.

Where are you from?

Mason, MI

Favorite song/album of 2021 

Call Me If You Get Lost by Tyler, The Creator

What has been your best on-air experience? 

I’d say my best on air experiences just came when I got the most requests. It’s cool to interact with listeners and know people are listening. It’s also really cool to give people shoutouts or dedicate a song to someone when they ask.

What is the best concert experience you have had? Why? 

I’d say my favorite concert experience was Lollapalooza 2021, it was my first ever concert/festival and I made a ton of new long time friends that I wouldn’t have met otherwise. It was just really cool seeing worlds collide between friends I had just met and friends I’d maybe not seen in 4 years. That combined with the venue where hundreds of thousands of people were gathered, it was just a special experience.

How do you think working in radio will affect your future career and life?

I think it’s definitely a confidence booster. Not many people can go out into life and say they were a radio station DJ for several years. I think it’s a unique experience that enhances my people skills, makes me better at public speaking.

Favorite Dining Hall? 

Brody, all the way. Landon is a close second though

Campus Squirrels or Campus Ducks?

Campus squirrels, I like watching them dig their holes for their acorns.

Plan a dinner in East Lansing with any person dead or alive. Who would it be? Where would you go?

It’d be cool to go to Barrio with Bradley Nowell (late singer of Sublime) since he died before they really blew up. It’d be cool to see his reaction to what the band became after he died.

What is your comfort TV show?

Any of the David Attenborough narrated nature shows on Netflix. Nothing more comforting than that voice.

Favorite College Memory?

I’d say pretty much all of freshman year was a highlight. Just looking back on it, it was such a unique year. It was really interesting to live in the dorms with a roommate and eat at dining halls and all that. I got really lucky and was friends with everyone who lived around me, and just all the stupid shenanigans that went on between charging gotcha scooters in our room to staying up until 6am wandering around campus and going to games, it’s really just unmatched. I miss it.