Lacie Hudson, Case deKoning

A review of 76 of the United States’ top colleges found MSU ranks in the lower half in terms of student voting ease, according to a statement from WhoWhatWhy.

In terms of Michigan schools, the review only focused on Michigan State and the University of Michigan, which both received a B grade.

The survey indicated a B grade means student voter turnout was between 41% and 48%; however, no school had a rate higher than 68%.

In terms of positive features, both Michigan State and University of Michigan have a variety of on-campus polling locations to accommodate busy students.

After Mel Tucker secured his first win as head coach for Michigan State against No. 13 Michigan on Saturday in a 27-24 victory, Spartan fans made their way to the streets of East Lansing. The police scanner reported a few hundred people making their way toward Cedar Village, an apartment complex notorious for burning couches.

Reports and confirmations of couches burning, car crashes and injuries across East Lansing followed.

Former President Barack Obama joined Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden in Flint and Detroit Saturday emphasizing the importance of voting ahead of Tuesday’s election.

The Flint event was closed to the public and offered invited participants to watch from inside their cars – a noticeable contrast to the crowd of thousands drawn in at President Donald Trump’s Lansing rally Tuesday.

The two were joined by Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist, Sen. Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters as well as Rep. Dan Kildee and Flint Mayor Sheldon Neeley.