Lacie Hudson, Case deKoning

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services released a statement Oct. 21, providing guidelines and advice for those expecting to gather with family during the holidays.

the statement encouraged people to try connecting virtually. But for those that do physically meet, it also gave a list of advice on how to join safely. While limiting events to 10 or fewer attendees and holding events outside if possible, congregates should:

Social distance, wear masks, wash hands frequently, keep safe around food and drinks, and avoid potluck gatherings.

The Apparitions and Archaeology tour is back this year with phantasmic tales of MSU’s haunted, historical campus, in a virtual setting.

The Campus Archaeology Program and the MSU Paranormal Society brought this event back to life for the entire month. There will be a Facebook Live video from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. on Oct. 28 with Campus Archaeology Director Stacey Camp, Campus Archaeologist Jeff Burnett and co-president of the Paranormal Society Brienna Shear.

Participants watching the live video will have a chance to ask questions about the tour or the groups in general. Viewers can also submit a survey after touring the virtual event with what they would like answered during the Q&A session.

The Peace Pole in East Lansing’s William B. Sharpe Park was stolen Oct. 22, according to a statement from the city.

As East Lansing Police Department attempts to locate the pole, the release said if the pole is returned to the park, no further questions will be asked.

The tall, wooden pole is one of more than 200,000 worldwide. It features the message “may peace prevail on Earth” in 12 different languages.

Community members with information about the stolen pole may contact ELPD via email or by calling 1-877-ELPD-TIP.