Loup Barrow on the Cristal Baschet, the composing process, and his new album: Immenio
Martin Goleski, Writer/Volunteer • August 11, 2024

EAST LANSING- The cristal baschet is a strange instrument, and a strange choice for one’s specialty. Maybe after being surrounded...

Michigan State Head Coach Adam Nightingale added two new recruits strengthening the program

Sarah Smith
Adam Nightingale on the Michigan State bench during Michigan State’s tie with No. 5 Penn State on January 14, 2023. Photo Credit: Sarah Smith/WDBM

EAST LANSING- Michigan State head coach Adam Nightingale and Michigan State hockey have been active on the recruiting trail this offseason. The Spartans recently added two new commits to strengthen their program. Jack Hextall and Nick Bogas recently committed to MSU as 2008-born recruits. Here is a breakdown of each of the recruits:

Jack Hextall

A forward from Rolling Meadows, Ill, Jack Hextall commits to the Spartans as a talented five-star recruit.

Hextall last played for the Chicago Mission in the previous season, where he appeared in 64 games, recorded an impressive 88 points with 29 goals and 59 assists, and led the Mission to the 15U AAA National Championship. 

For the 2024-25 season, Hextall is set to play for the Youngstown Phantoms in the USHL. 

Nick Bogas

Nick Bogas, a native of Bloomfield Hills, MI commits to the Spartans as a talented defenseman.

During the 2023-24 season with the Oakland Golden Grizzlies Bogas appeared in 64 games putting up 39 points with 12 goals and 27 assists. 

Bogas also earned a roster spot with the US Five Nations team after a strong showing at the USA Hockey National 16 Camp. Bogas played for Team Navy in four games and recorded three assists.