Loup Barrow on the Cristal Baschet, the composing process, and his new album: Immenio
Martin Goleski, Writer/Volunteer • August 11, 2024

EAST LANSING- The cristal baschet is a strange instrument, and a strange choice for one’s specialty. Maybe after being surrounded...

MSU hockey and head coach Adam Nightingale add three new recruits

MSU Head Coach Adam Nightingale looks on during his team’s 5-4 overtime victory over Michigan for the B1G Tournament Championship on Saturday, Mar. 23, 2024 at Munn Ice Arena. (Avery Kotel)

EAST LANSING- With hockey season just around the corner, Michigan State hockey is looking to reach higher after a historic 2023-24 season. 

During the offseason, the Spartans brought in six freshmen and three transfers to the program.

MSU head coach Adam Nightingale, will be entering his third season as the head man for the Spartans. 

Nightingale has recently been recruiting heavily for future seasons, adding three recruits on the opening day of recruitment for current high school juniors. Here is the complete list:

Jonas Kemps

Jonas Kemps commits to the Spartans as a talented defenseman from Sebastopol, CA. During this past season, Kemps played for the Anaheim Junior Ducks 15U team. 

In 60 games for the Junior Ducks, Kemps recorded 39 points with 14 goals and 25 assists. Kemps is set to play for the USNTDP next season before arriving at MSU in the fall of 2027.

Chase Reid

A native of Chesterfield, MI, Chase Reid commits to MSU as the Spartans add another defenseman to the future of their program. 

Reid played for the Victory Honda 16U team this past season appearing in 68 games and notching 62 points with 14 goals and 48 assists. 

Reid also appeared in 10 games with the Waterloo Blackhawks in the USHL. Reid is set to arrive in East Lansing and appear in a Spartan uniform in 2027.

Brody George

Brody George, a native of Johnstown, PA commits to the Spartans as a forward. George played for the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 15U team appearing in 61 games putting up 64 points with 32 goals and assists. 

George will play for the U.S. National U17 team before enrolling at MSU for the 2027-28 season.