MSU adds outside hitter Eleanor Stothoff to 2021 recruiting class

MSU head coach Cathy George instructs her team during a game/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Nathan Stearns, Sports Broadcast Director

EAST LANSING— On Monday, Michigan State volleyball head coach Cathy George added outside hitter Eleanor Stothoff to the 2021 recruiting class. She, along with setter Julia Bishop and middle blockers Audrey O’ Gorman and Abby Olin, are set to arrive on campus in the fall of 2021.

“Eleanor Stothoff flew in under the radar and is a fantastic addition to our program who will provide an immediate impact,” George said. “A complete package, Eleanor has an impressive range of skills that compliment her determination and versatility on the court. She is a powerful six-rotation athlete with a heavy arm and steady passing. Additionally, she is a solid student in the classroom who takes academics seriously. I believe our fans will love watching her competitive spirit on the court.”

MSU head coach Cathy George coaches her team during a game/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Stothoff, who hails from Pittstown, New Jersey, received All-State honors and was a New Jersey High School Player of the Year finalist during her time at North Hunterdon Regional High School.  She also was a two-time Skylands All-Conference First Team selection and led North Hunterdon to a state title in 2019.

“I chose Michigan State because of all the opportunities that they provide for their athletes and how Coach George described her expectations of the players, as a team and as individuals,” Stothoff said.

She will have a chance to contribute immediately as outside hitters Meredith Norris, Alyssa Chronowski and Lauren Swartz are expected to graduate.  The 2021 season is scheduled to begin in late August.