MSU to hold one day Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinic May 10

An MSU student gets vaccinated at the MSU student clinic/ Photo Credit: MSU University Communications

Nathan Stearns, News Director

EAST LANSING— On May 10, Michigan State will host a Johnson & Johnson vaccination clinic from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the north end of the MSU Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education. MSU students and staff members can schedule an appointment or walk right up and receive the one-shot vaccine.

The issuance of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was paused across the nation on April 13 after the CDC and FDA reported isolated cases of women between the ages of 18-49 developing blood clots after getting the shot. After an extensive review, both agencies have recommended that the distribution of the vaccine resume. Overall, less than 20 cases of blood clots were identified amongst the roughly seven million doses that have been administered.

The MSU clinic will resume issuing the Pfizer vaccine on May 11, and the county-run drive-thru clinic is maintaining its normal hours of operation. Currently, there are two clinics at the MSU Pavilion; residents of Michigan who are 16 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine at the drive-thru clinic.

In addition, the MSU Health Care Pharmacy, located at 4660 South Hagadorn Road in East Lansing, is offering vaccines to its patients, students, staff and retirees beginning on May 11. Appointments will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 p.m.-4 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.

As always, the Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) is providing free transportation to and from area appointments seven days a week. Residents wishing to use this service can call 517-394-2282 to schedule their trip. All reservations must be made at least 24 hours before the appointment time.