EAST LANSING— In an email sent to students and faculty on Wednesday, Michigan State President Samuel L. Stanley shared the latest updates regarding in-person fall classes, spectators at sporting events and more.
Stanley revealed the fact that 85% of undergraduate classes in the fall will be conducted as either hybrid or in-person classes, with the remaining 15% of classes online. In addition, the university is capping larger lectures at 100 people and will break lectures with over 100 people into smaller sections, while also offering the classes online.
He also confirmed that MSU is preparing for spectators to be allowed at fall sporting events, in accordance with local and state health guidelines. The university allowed 6,000 fans to watch last Saturday’s spring game.
It is expected that the Wharton Center will begin to host performances again in the fall; the Broad Art Museum is set to host visitors for art exhibitions and events as well.
The MSU Pavilion, which has vaccinated over 73,400 local residents as of April 23, issued over 3,400 vaccines in the past nine days to staff members and students. MSU is currently partnering with the Ingham County Health Department, the Michigan National Guard, Lansing Urgent Care and McLaren Greater Lansing to help issue the vaccines.
Plans for a new campus multicultural center are also in the works; two of the locations being proposed are as an addition to the In tarnational Center or an entirely new building on the corner of Farm and Shaw lanes.