Three-star OL Gavin Broscious committs to MSU

Michigan State practices as the sun goes down/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Nathan Stearns, Football Beat Reporter

EAST LANSING — Michigan State now has two commits for the class of 2022, and both of them are offensive lineman.

After Kristian Phillips, an offensive guard from Conyers, Georgia, committed to MSU on Nov. 8., the Spartans added another road-grader in three-star offensive guard Gavin Broscious (Goodyear, Arizona) on Saturday afternoon.

Broscious is the first ranked commit of the 2022 class for MSU; he has a composite rating of 0.8366 on 247Sports.com. This rating puts Broscious within the mid-three-star category. 

According to 247Sports.com, Broscious is the No. 10 overall player in Arizona as well as the No. 679 overall player in the country.

Broscious, who stands at 6-foot-4 and weighs 290 pounds, currently attends Desert Edge High School. He has helped lead Desert Edge to an undefeated 8-0 mark in the regular season as well as a conference regular-season championship. 

Desert Edge will take on Chandler High School (Chandler, Arizona) in the first round of the AIA State Football Championship Open Division playoffs on Nov. 27. 

By the time Broscious comes to MSU, offensive lineman Matt Allen, Luke Campbell, Kevin Jarvis, Blake Bueter and Matt Carrick will have all graduated. Broscious, along with 2021 commits Geno VanDeMark, Ethan Boyd, Kevin Wigenton and Brandon Baldwin, will be responsible for helping to establish a strong young core on the offensive line. 

After all, every one of these new recruits were brought in by Mel Tucker and not Mark Dantonio.

In addition to being offered by Michigan State, Broscious held offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, California, Minnesota, Nebraska, Utah, Idaho, Kansas, Nevada, UNLV, New Mexico and Vanderbilt.