Spartans continue to stockpile recruits with addition of three-star Chuck Brantley

Credit: @CBrantley22 / Twitter

Nathan Stearns, Beat Reporter

EAST LANSING — The entire month of April has been an absolute whirlwind for Mel Tucker and Michigan State’s recruiting. 

After picking up two commitments over the last week: quarterback Hamp Fay and tight end Kameron Allen, the Spartans acquired another three-star recruit for the 2021 recruiting class.

Three-star cornerback and Venice, Florida, native Charles “Chuck” Brantley became the 10th commitment for MSU this offseason.

Brantley is the second cornerback that MSU has gotten a commitment from in the month of April. Antoine Booth II announced his decision back on April 20. Brantley is the 10th three-star commitment in the Spartans 2021 recruiting class.

According to 247Sports.com, Brantley, who has a composite score of 0.8649, is the highest rated recruit that Tucker has landed this season. Brantley is currently ranked as the No. 76 overall prospect in the state of Florida and the No. 41 corner prospect in the nation.

Brantley is a two-sport athlete who also runs track for Venice High School. In 2019, Brantley helped propel the Indians to an 8-5 record and a berth in the Florida 7-A regional finals. 

With the commitment of Brantley, MSU’s recruiting class ranking has cracked the Top 20 in the nation. 247Sports also has MSU’s class rated as the ninth best in the Big Ten.

On top of being offered by MSU, Brantley also held offers from other Big Ten programs including Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland and several ACC schools that included the likes of Florida State, Virginia, Louisville, Duke, Boston College and Pittsburgh.

You can follow Nathan Stearns on Twitter @NathanStearns11