Three-star tight end Kameron Allen commits to Michigan State for 2021

Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker talks to the media/ Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Nathan Stearns, Football Beat Reporter

EAST LANSING — The last week has been a free-for-all for Michigan State recruiting in the Lone Star State.  After obtaining a commitment from three-star quarterback Hampton Fay on April 25, the Spartans were able to poach another player from Texas, as three-star tight end Kameron Allen (Forney, Texas) announced his intentions to suit up for the Spartans in 2021 on April 29. Allen is the ninth player that the Green and White have netted during the recruiting period.

Allen is the first tight end commitment of the Mel Tucker era. 247Sports.com currently has Allen ranked as the No. 153 overall prospect in Texas and the No. 51 prospect in the nation for the tight end position.   

As with every other commitment so far for MSU, Allen is a dominant physical specimen who stands at 6-foot-5 and weighs 220 pounds. During his high school career, Allen has shown the ability to maul people as a road-grading blocker. 

Allen registered 281 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns in 2019. For his efforts, he was named to the all-district team. 

With Allen in the fold, all nine of MSU’s commitments are currently rated as three-stars.  The abundance of three-star recruits has pushed the Spartan class up to No. 24 in the national recruiting rankings and No. 10 in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports. 

Michigan State beat out Air Force, Arizona and Boise State for Allen’s services.