Exposure – 3/24/2019 – I & You, TED x MSU and SciFiles

Back to Article
Back to Article

This week on Exposure, your host Stephanie spoke to the director of I & You, students a part of TED x MSU and on SciFiles, Cheslie and Danny spoke to John Tran about Plant Biofuels.

First we spoke with Bert Goldstein, the director of I & You at the Wharton Center. The play focused on two high schoolers who work together on a project on Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass. As the play goes on this unlikely pair, Caroline and Anthony, learn more about themselves in this coming of age story. The final showing of play-write, Lauren Gunderson‘s play in East Lansing is today at the Wharton Center!

Up next, Stephanie is joined by fellow classmates to discuss their work on the TED x MSU event on Mar. 27 from 6-9 p.m. in the Wharton Center. This year on Michigan State’s TED talk there will be nine speakers focusing on the theme of Catalyst. In this interview you learn how these students worked together all semester to bring in some intriguing speakers. For more information about the event or how to get involved check out their website or Facebook!

On SciFiles, Cheslie and Danny discuss plant cell walls and bioenergy with PhD student, John Tran. Tran’s research explores how altering cell walls can improve the biofuel made from plants which could improve the field of bioenergy.