Impact 89FM

Exposure – 3/17/19 – Green House Project & SciFiles: Zika

Back to Article
Back to Article

This week on Exposure, your host Stephanie is joined by Chelsie and Danny as they kick off their show SciFiles! SciFiles follows its researcher hosts, Chelsie and Danny as they talk to fellow MSU researchers about their work.

First, Stephanie spoke with students and Phillip Lamoureux, director of the Student Green House Project. The are working to create a Biodome at Michigan State University to replace the Botanical Greenhouse that was on campus.

If you are interested in helping create the Biodome or learning more go to the MSU Library in room W201 (The Digital Scholarship Lab), for their meetings which are every Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Or check out their social media!

Facebook: @sgpmsu

Instagram: @studentgreenhouseproject

Twitter: @MSUsgp

On SciFiles, Chelsie and Danny bring you all of the science with none of the jargon, this week they discuss the affects of Zika on embryos with Jennifer Watts.

About the Writers
Stephanie Stapert, Author

Stephanie is from Grand Rapids and is a junior majoring in Creative Advertising at Michigan State. At WDBM she is the website manager, interview coordinator, and the host of Exposure. You can find her singing along to any song, running around doing too much work, commenting on every play at any sporting event or encouraging her friends to do something adventurous. Check out what else she can do on her website!

Chelsie Boodoo, The Sci-Files Host

Chelsie is a Biomedical Engineering Ph.D. student at Michigan State University. She studies what happens when the bladder is overstretched. Specifically, she is curious about what happens to the extracellular matrix and the metabolism of the cells after they are stretched. She co-hosts an Exposure Series, The Sci-Files with Daniel Puentes. Together they explore the different topics that graduate students study on The Sci-Files at WDBM.