Exposure – 12/30/18 – An Inside Look at the Spartan Marching Band Before the Redbox Bowl

Stephanie Stapert

On this week’s Exposure, your host Stephanie had the opportunity to talk to members of the Spartan Marching Band! The band is a huge part of our football games. The members of the band are very dedicated, always supporting our team in rain and shine… or sleet and snow. They are a key part of game days as they unify the crowd through songs and chants which lead our fellow Spartans to victory.
While you are waiting for the big game to start, get to know the members of the Spartan Marching Band and learn what it’s like to be a part of the ensemble!

Members of the SMB at WDBM:

John Scharf (Band President & Tenor Drum Section Leader), Taylor Scheffer (Feature Twirler), Taylor Evon (Band Vice President & Tenor Sax Squad Leader), Claire Kosky (our Big Ten section leader), Jaren Scoggins (Drum Major & former Trombone), Nikki Sanford (Drum Major & former Mello), and not pictured, Illene Gould (Mello & Student Media Team).

Catch their performance throughout the game and at halftime of the Redbox Bowl, Monday December 31, 2018!

This is the set that the SMB will be performing at the Redbox bowl in Levi’s Stadium on Monday December 31, 2018.

Here’s some pictures from their trip so far!

Posted by Spartan Marching Band on Sunday, December 30, 2018

For more information about Spartan Marching Band check out their website and social media!

Facebook: @spartanmarchingband
Twitter: @MSUmarchingband
Instagram: @msumarchingband
Youtube: Spartan Marching Band