We’re back from break and still stuffed from that Thanksgiving dinner! While we come to terms with finals being two weeks away, let’s meet our new DJ Spotlight, DJ RJ! Catch DJ RJ on the air from 2PM-4PM on Fridays and request only the best from Whitney Houston!
1. What made you decide to join Impact and become a DJ?
I was really interested in music and have wanted to join a college radio station since I was a really big fan of Deliliah (Queen of sappy love stories) and thought I’d be good at it!
2. What has been your best on air experience?
I got a call from someone who told me that I was doing a great job and that made my day. I also got a request from my mom once, sensational.
3. How do you think working in radio will affect your future career and life experience?
It has become of the best parts of my week, being able to go into the booth and just talk into the mic between songs. I din the lights really low while I’m in there and just chill. It’s almost therapeutic. I could see myself wanting to become a radio personality professionally someday. So I’d say, a lot.
4. What is your favorite part of the station?
Meeting new people and hearing new music. #IMPACT4LYFE
5. If you could play an artist non-stop on the air, which would it be?
My music tastes range so vastly, it would be like Sinatra, Disney, journey, Kpop, Beyoncé… the listeners would be really confused. Lots of love songs I guess.
6. What is the best concert experience you have had? Why?
I went to Chicago to see GOT7, the crowd was unreal and everyone was so happy to be there. The boys sound incredible live. Plus I was breathing the same air as Jackson Wang. Easily the best night of my life. No big deal.
Our next DJ Spotlight of the Week will be on 12/4!