MSU LS Jude Pedrozo enters transfer portal

Jude Pedrozo during practice/Photo Credit: MSU Athletic Communications

Jared Ramsey, Football Beat Reporter

EAST LANSING— Michigan State long snapper Jude Pedrozo announced that he has decided to enter the transfer portal. Pedrozo is the 12th member of the football team to enter the transfer portal since Nov. 16. 

Pedrozo was a preferred walk-on in 2019 and played immediately following a season-ending injury to starting long snapper Ryan Armour against Tulsa. He was the starting long snapper for all of 2020, as well as for 12 games in 2019. 

Pedrozo’s transfer announcement follows the commitment of Hank Pepper, the No. 2 long snapper in the 2021 class, according to Kohl’s Kicking Camp. 

Pedrozo was a graduate of Westerville South High School (Westerville, Ohio) and worked with widely-respected long snapping instructor Chris Rubio before coming to East Lansing. He also played linebacker in high school.

The roster turnover continues after Mel Tucker’s first season. 12 members of the 2020 MSU football team are pursuing a career at a new school, including walk-on running back Andre Welch, who entered the transfer portal Tuesday.

If Pedrozo decides to leave, the Spartans will be left with three long snappers (Pepper, freshman Bryce Eimer and sophomore Nolan Rossback) on the roster. None of these players have any college game experience.