Impact Sports Daily – 3/28/24 – Opening Day
Jack David and Matt CouryMarch 28, 2024

DJ Spotlight of the Week | Abbey Reinke

Our new DJ Spotlight of the Week is Abbey Reinke, our new Marketing Director! Abbey was previously our Events Directors, so listeners and volunteers have probably met her at least once. When she’s not dedicating her time at Impact, Abbey studies Communication and Spanish!

1. What made you decide to join Impact and become a DJ?
Ultimately, I was interested in the music and wanted to learn more about it as well as find people who were interested in the same kind of music as me. I like being able to bring cool (and new) music to other students.

2. What has been your best on air experience?
I had someone call and request a song for someone else who was listening to our stream while flying on a plane across the country. To me, that was super cool because we can be reached anywhere, and it felt cool to know people choose to listen to us over other music sources.

3. How do you think working in radio will affect your future career and life experience?
I would love to continue to work in the music industry, whether it’s radio or something different. I think working at the station has given me the experience in networking in the industry and learning more about how music functions in the rest of the world as well as on a university campus.

4. What is your favorite part of the station?
Definitely the people! I’ve met some awesome people while working at the station and I’m lucky enough to call them my closest friends here at MSU!

5. If you could play an artist non-stop on the air, which would it be?
Probably Young the Giant or The Maine. I could listen to them for hours on end (and I do sometimes) and be perfectly content.

6. What is the best concert experience you have had? Why?
This summer, Impact presented Tokyo Police Club and We Were Promised Jetpacks at The Loving Touch in Ferndale. I wasn’t super familiar with either of these groups before going to the show, but was super impressed and fell in love with them. It was cool to see a show, not know the lyrics, and just appreciate the music.

Our next DJ Spotlight of the Week comes out on 10/24.