Happy Tuesday! Hopefully everyone had a great Easter weekend!

Today’s weather forecast is predicting intervals of clouds and sunshine in the morning with more clouds later in the day with a high of 72 degrees and a low of 56 degrees.

ASMSU passes bill encouraging creation of memorial bench

Typically, the 100th bill in each Associated Students of MSU session is looked at as more of a light topic, but this year it was different.

Bill 59-100 proposed that ASMSU use its funds to provide MSU Infrastructure, Planning and Facilities with money to build a memorial in the form of a bench that honors the lives of the victims of the tragic events of Feb. 13.

Vice President for Internal Administration Carl Austin Miller Grondin said this bill was inspired by the recent strength in the community.

Representatives encouraged each other to be thoughtful in thinking about how the students lost should be remembered.

This bill was passed with a unanimous vote within the general assembly. Representatives added in amendments regarding collaboration on the placement of the memorial from students, faculty and all those affected by this tragedy.

GoFundMe created for 19-year-old crash victim’s family

A car accident on the intersection of Lake Lansing Road and Coolidge Road in East Lansing left two dead and six wounded. Kai Edward Ljubicic has been identified as one of the two who died.

The family has created a GoFundMe page to raise money for his memorial.

The donation page said Ljubicic loved creating music, writing, and animals and that he was “happiest by water” with his friends and family.

Out of the six crash survivors, two have been discharged from the hospital. One survivor remains in critical condition and the rest are in stable condition, including a survivor who was airlifted to the University of Michigan hospital.

The crash, which involved two cars, is under ongoing investigation.

25th annual Research and Arts Forum will showcase work of over 900 students

More than 900 students will present research projects at the 25th annual Undergraduate University Research and Arts Forum, or UURAF, on Friday, April 14. Students will have the opportunity to showcase their work to their peers, faculty and judges who will provide constructive feedback.

This year, UURAF will be a hybrid event, held both at the Breslin Center and online. Virtual presentations will be showcased from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

This year’s exhibition will feature roughly 600 posters. In past years, the artistic work showcased has taken the form of films, music and graphic design. There were over 1,000 creative submissions this year.

Past research projects include an analysis of how social media affects the outcome of elections, how medicine labels could be made more effective and how retirees can better manage their health care.

A Graduate School Recruitment Fair will coincide with the presentations for the first time this year, giving students a look into educational, research and career programs at MSU.

An awards ceremony, open to the public, will be held on Wednesday, April 26 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. at the STEM Teaching and Learning Facility.

Based on original reporting by Maddie Dallas, Dipika Rao and Jaden Beard.