DJ Spotlight of the Week: Ethan

Paige Drob, Training Director

Ethan Youngblood is Impact’s Promotions Coordinator. He spends a ton of time talking to concert promoters, and helping event DJs table different events. When Ethan is on the mic, there is a high probability you will hear something pretty funny. If you are interested in listening to this great DJ you can tune in on Tuesdays from 12pm-2pm.

What made you decide to join The Impact and become a DJ?

It seemed like a fun environment to be a part of and had a lot of cool opportunities.

Where are you from?

Kalamazoo, MI

Favorite song/album of 2021 

Charmander by Aminé

What has been your best on-air experience? 

made a joke on air and someone texted in to tell me how funny it was, that’s when I knew I had made the big leagues.

What is the best concert experience you have had? Why? 

Going to Lollapalooza 2021 because it was the first festival I went to with friends and I got to see so many of my favorite artist perform. A lot of meme-worthy stuff happened (like hte Playboi Carti performance) and I was able to get like 3rd row to see Tyler the Creator perform.

How do you think working in radio will affect your future career and life?

It will help me be able to loosen up around others because now I’m used to taking in front of so many people. 

Favorite Dining Hall? 

Case

Campus Squirrels or Campus Ducks?

Campus Squirrels

Plan a dinner in East Lansing with any person dead or alive. Who would it be? Where would you go?

I’d go to Eastside Fish Fry with Bernie Mac.

What is your comfort TV show?

Keenan and Kel

Favorite College Memory?

Going to tailgates sophomore year with my friends because we’d go from party to party, and then me and a few other friends would skip the games and either sleep or play video games at their apartment. Then they would usually throw another party later that night.