ASMSU Hosts First Generation Week Including Roundtable Discussion Panels

This week is First Generation Week hosted by Associated Students of Michigan State University, or ASMSU.

Each day there will be opportunities for students to attend events and receive free merchandise or resources for first-generation college students.

One event, a roundtable discussion on Tuesday (Nov.9) was in the Erickson Kiva.

ASMSU had gift card giveaways including a MSU Dairy Store gift card.

Tomorrow (Nov.10 ), a first generation panel will be held at Bessey Hall, room 10B. A career fair will also be held.

Gunshot Reported South of Grand River Avenue

Yesterday (Nov. 8), around 7 p.m. East Lansing Police Department or the ELPD issued an alert reporting an individual seen with a weapon.

Suspect first entered the Admiral gas station on Grand River Avenue and Woodmere in East Lansing. He was spotted with a silver handgun and left the store on foot.

A gunshot was then heard on the south side of Grand River Ave. The suspects were last spotted wearing a green coat, black jeans, and a black face mask and reported a black male in his 40s-50s.

US Farm Report Features Michigan State for First Time

Michigan State University was featured in the U.S. Farm Report for the first time on its Oct. 30 episode. The program receives a half a million views each weekend.

In the episode which MSU is featured in, had a discussion panel with MSU professors with the Beal Seed experiment and turf management.

The episode also focused on MSU professor Jason Rowntree’s research on understanding agricultural management and the impacts of greenhouse gas emissions.

The episode was featured in the U.S. Farm Report’s College Roadshow, a series that points out agricultural research and news at top agricultural schools across the country.

Based on original reporting by Ashley Zhou, Wajeeha Kamal, and Madison Rose. Script by Shakyra Mabone.